DRIVER FRIENDLY DOT PHYSICAL EXAM IN Shawnee
DRIVER-FRIENDLY DOT PHYSICAL EXAM - $60.00*
Get your CDL medical physical exam in 30 minutes, in 3 EASY STEPS:
- Just bring a smiling face, a way to pay, and a need to pee -
DOT EXAMINATIONS IN SHAWNEE
Tips and Answers
Here, you'll find TIPS to make your DOT physical as quick, simple, and hassle-free as possible. Here, in our frequently asked questions, you'll find answers to questions we hear from drivers about what is required to certify for a CDL medical card and what may cause a driver to fail the DOT physical exam.
Appointment Times-Call (913) 631-8888
Walk-ins are welcome, ensure we'll be available you will want to call (913) 631-8888 to set up for your DOT Physical exam.
6308 Monrovia Street
Shawnee, KS 66216
DOT PHYSICAL EXAM: THINGS TO PLAN IN ADVANCE:
If you have a medical condition you're going to need some paperwork:
- Diabetic Condition - Bring a list of medications and the name of prescribing doctor.
- High Blood Pressure - Bring a list of medications and the name of prescribing doctor.
- Heart Condition - If you've had a heart attack or cardiovascular disease, you'll need to bring a copy of your last stress test.
- Sleep Apnea - Bring a copy of your latest sleep test results, if you have one.
- Medications - List all the prescription medicines you take, including strength and dosage. If you regularly take over-the-counter medications, such as antacids or allergy pills, list them, too.
- Contact information - Have names and phone numbers of your doctors in case you need to call and have them fax missing information.
DOT Physical Exam: Things To Do to Manage Your Blood Pressure:
- Make sure you don't run out of your prescribed blood-pressure medication.
- Remember to take your medication on schedule. If you forget, most doctors recommend taking your medication as soon as possible.
- If you're significantly late taking your medication, tell the doctor conducting the DOT physical you forgot to take your regular medication. If your blood pressure is too high, ask to have it rechecked later that day - or even the following day.
- Cutting back on caffeine and nicotine can help improve your blood pressure.
- Reducing the number of salty foods you eat and avoiding adding salt to your food can also help to lower your blood pressure.
- The week before your DOT physical exam cut back on coffee, sodas, energy drinks, potato chips, etc, and don't add salt to your food. Also, reduce your use of nicotine as much as possible. Doing this can help lower your blood pressure reading.
The Day of the DOT Physical Exam:
- Remember to bring the medical records you've prepared in advance, including your list of medications.
- Remember to bring eyeglasses and /or a hearing aid (it's surprising how many people forget this).
- Drink water. Come with a need to pee.
Getting Past 'White Coat' Syndrome:
- First off, we understand that this is a very real concern for some drivers.
- Secondly, we work with drivers all day long. We understand that passing your DOT physical exam is important to your continued career and your livelihood, and we're here to do everything we can to help you.
- Lastly, there are no white coats in our clinic